Upon completing this unit, students will be able to:
1. Compare the goals, methods, and tactics of at least two nationalist movements in this unit.
2. Identify the various groups that participated in the movements and compare the roles of students, labor, peasants, and intellectuals in the various countries.
3. Analyze the role that violence, peaceful demonstrations, and political organizations played in nationalist movements.
4. Describe how colonial administrations, colonial educational policies, and indigenous cultural forms influenced various nationalist movements.
5. Analyze and compare how democracy, religious revival, and/or authoritarian rule emerged in the various nationalist movements.
6. Identify and compare the different visions leaders in each area had for their nation.