Upon completing this unit, students
will be able to:
1. Trace the spread of the Black Death and relate its spread to historical conditions in Afroeurasia in the fourteenth century.
2. Describe contemporary reactions to the Black Death and explain how social and cultural values, beliefs, and conditions influenced those reactions.
3. Analyze and appreciate the complexity of the causes and consequences of the Black Death.
4. Draw inferences from information on a map or in a primary source document.
5. Assess the reliability of primary sources as historical evidence.
6. Evaluate the historical significance of an event.