Upon completing this unit, students
will be able to:
1. Explain how Romans copied and borrowed styles in art and architecture from other societies, particularly the Greeks.
2. Explain how ancient Romans contributed to art and architecture.
3. Describe Roman achievements in art, including realistic portraits, coinage, glassware, cameos, mummy paintings, and mosaics.
4. Describe Roman achievements in architecture including public baths, the Colosseum, and the Pantheon.
5. Explain how art can be used as a tool of political propaganda.
6. Compare and contrast Roman with Greek art and architecture.
7. Analyze how the classical style of Greek and Roman art and architecture has influenced modern art and architecture.