Upon completing this unit, students
will be able to:
1. Explain what poverty and wealth have meant to different people and how the definition of each has varied at different times and in different contexts.
2. Describe changes during the period in the wealthy and the poor globally and in developed and developing countries, identifying causes.
3. Explain globalization, and analyze its influence on wealth and poverty during the period.
4. Identify the nature of increasing economic inequality.
5. Trace changes that led some income countries out of poverty, and identify conditions that kept others from doing so.