Upon completing this unit, students
will be able to:
1. Analyze how revolutions in communication and information technology have contributed to the acceleration of social change.
2. Assess the impact of biotechnology on human society and the ecology.
3. Trace the development of the new physics and its implications.
4. Identify key medical advances over the past two decades and their implications for longevity and social policy.
5. Identify new trends in the twenty-first century and analyze divergent opinions regarding them.