Upon completing this unit, students
will be able to:
1. Interpret charts and graphs to use as evidence of environmental change.
2. Construct diagrams or models showing the relationship between the historical data and their contemporary communities.
3. Analyze possible relationships between economic growth and environmental sustainability in the second half of the twentieth century.
4. Analyze possible relationships between economic development and environmental costs.
5. Explain examples of effects of human action in the period on the global environment.