Upon completing this unit, students
will be able to:
1. Explain how the main ideas of the Enlightenment can be traced back to the Renaissance, the Reformation, and the Scientific Revolution.
2. Identify, compare, and contrast Enlightenment thinkers and their ideas.
3. Describe how major political reforms and revolutions of the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries were influenced by Enlightenment thinkers.
4. Analyze the diffusion of Enlightenment ideals and their influence globally.
5. Formulate and support a hypothesis using evidence.